Thursday, December 16, 2010

News

Yesterday began the first of several trips I'll be taking in the next few weeks to coastal Georgia! With a LOT of help from a very good friend, we got a 17 foot truck loaded with furniture, boxes and more "small stuff" than I knew existed. And after a long drive through Georgia, we arrived at my new destination for art! Darien is located in the low country with an abundance of Spanish moss hanging from the trees. The laid back atmosphere of a small fishing town and an abundance of scenery stretching for miles across the marshes.

About seven years ago, I arrived in this small town to depart for an uninhabited island to paint for a week with a group of eleven other artist friends. From the first moment standing on the dock looking out over the river curling its way through the lush marsh grasses, I felt the call of home on my heart. I've revisited the area many times during the past seven years, painting, getting to know the locals, and eating some of the best seafood ever! I dreamed of living in the Darien area, painting the marshes every day, having a studio open to other artists, and spending the rest of my life soaking up the low country atmosphere. And now that dream is coming true! Of course, all the packing, loading and driving is a challenge, but what are dreams without the reality of achieving them.

So, if you're following this blog, soon you'll find a new improved version of my transition to a low country painter who is still hooked on outdoor painting and following the dreams of my heart. Hope you will enjoy the journey along with me and come down to visit sometime! Until next time......

carly

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Carly - I would like to contact you via email about purchasing a painting but I don't have your email address. I purchased one half of your painting "SEASONS" about 1-2 years ago and I would like to find out if you sold the other half. My email address is wendi.chandler@gmail.com

Thanks

Wendi