Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday Madness

Here it is another Monday and I haven't had the time to post messages for an entire week! Of course yesterday when I did have time, the blog was temporarily out of order! I guess the Superbowl had something to do with it...lol! I didn't watch the game...instead I watched a marathon of The Closer! Since I'm from the south, I really identify with Kyra Sedgewick's character - at least I understand her accent!

Today I delivered two paintings to the Quinlan Center in Gainesville, GA, for their yearly auction and gala fund raising event. The deal is I set the starting bid and receive 40% of the proceeds from the sale of the painting. Hopefully both will sell at a price which will pay for my materials!! If some of you are like me, you get ask several times during the year for donated paintings, and sometimes I provide one if the fundraiser is something I want to support and promote. The Quinlan is an excellent art center providing classes, a gift shop, and a wonderful gallery for not only local artists but international shows as well. If you're in the Gainesville area, stop by and visit.

I've been in the studio working on a new floral today too! Will post it tomorrow for you to see!

My thought for the day...."yesterday is but a memory, tomorrow is memories yet to unfold, live in the moment that is today"
carly

No comments: